Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Double Chocolate Banana Cookies


So the other day, I noticed I had a couple of sad looking bananas. I didn't want to throw them away, so I decided to bake with them.

I didn't want to make the usual banana bread cookies I usually make and besides, I didn't have any pecans or walnut for those cookies.

So inspired by chocolate banana shakes I used to make when I was younger, I came up with these cookies.


They're chocolatey... they're banana-y? They are a cake-like and moist.


And they have chocolate chips in them!

Try 'em! Do it!

Double Chocolate Banana Cookies

1 C. Sugar
2/3 C. Shortening
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Mashed Banana
2 1/4 C. Sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 C. Cocoa
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Blend together sugars and shortening.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Add vanilla and banana.
4. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Blend together with wire wisk.
5. Slowly mix dry ingredients into the sugar mix and mix well.
6. Blend in chocolate chips to cookie mix.

Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet or parchment paper for 10 minutes.

*Before I baked these cookies, I took a fork, wet it with some water and flattened the cookies a little. I think they turned out prettier.





I'm linking this recipe up to Saving 4 Six for Think Tank Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. These sound yummy. Sometimes I get tired of using those bananas for banana bread too so this is a great recipe to have. Thanks for sharing it. Have a wonderful day! Love,Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda! Have fun making these cookies!

      Delete