Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Christmas {Cookies} In July

Last year I was asked to make a lot of Christmas cookies for a local bank Christmas party. I made half of the cookies and the bank bought store bought for the other half.

This is what I came up with.

First up, Jello cookies.


I love these cookies. They are bright and I love the fruity flavors. I did strawberry and lime jello and added food coloring to the dough to make the colors darker. The recipe came from here.


Next up, cake mix sugar cookies.


1 box of white cake mix, 2 eggs, 1tsp. of baking powder, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and some Christmas sprinkles. 350 degrees, 8-10 minutes and you can use canned or homemade frosting. These were by far the most popular the night of the Christmas party. I added sprinkles on top and crushed peppermints. These were so good!

Next is my favorite! Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.


I used a chocolate chip cookie recipe but made some minor adjustments. I used mint extract instead of vanilla. I used mint chocolate chips (I also have used Andes baking mints) and used green food coloring to color the dough. I love all things chocolate mint!

Last, I made Amish Monster Cookies; Christmas style with red and green M&Ms.



Recipe is from here. This recipe make a ton of cookies and has a little of everything; peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&Ms.

This was my kitchen table after making all these cookies.


My cookies were a big hit and I was asked to make all the cookies for the party next year.

I hope you enjoy these recipes because it's never too early to start planning your Christmas cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment