Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July Goodies

I  hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

Here are a few goodies that I made for the 4th!



These are S'mores Cookies. These are really easy to put together and are so yummy.

Melt about 12oz of chocolate. I did mine in a double boiler. Take a graham crackers and break in half.  Spread about a teaspoon of marshmallow fluff on a cracker and top with the other cracker. Dip in melted chocolate, tap off excess chocolate and place on wax paper. I sprinkled some graham cracker crumbs on top for the sheer cuteness! I then placed these cookies in the freezer to set for a couple minutes.



Really good! Don't put too much marshmallow fluff in the cookies or they will ooze out when dipped in the melted chocolate.

Next up, I made these cuties!




These are Red Velvet Muddy Buddies. I got the recipe here. However, after I made these, I melted some white chocolate and sprinkled it on the mixture. I then added some patriotic sprinkles.



They were a big hit at our celebration! They are addictive and you can't stop eating them! Just a word of warning, people!

Again, I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!
 
I am so thankful for my freedom and that I am living in the USA. I am also thankful for the men and women who have fought to help us keep that freedom.

Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord (Psalms 33:12 ESV)

3 comments:

  1. The s'more cookies look delicious! Thank for linking them up at Think Tank Thursday. I have featured them today!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/07/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-38.html

    ReplyDelete